Care of the environment and sustainability
We will make significant efforts to ensure the TransMallorcaRun will turn out an exemplary event in terms of environmental protection and sustainability requirements. Certainly, the sporting activity itself will be beneficial for the development of the venue, but we also must ensure the respect for nature in this place.
For sure you have noticed that in the regulations there are included important standards that have to be fulfilled in order to minimize the environmental impact. The infringement of these standards will have the consequence of a time- penalty in mild cases, in other cases the disqualification. Among others, the following regulations apply:
• No littering
• Not to cause too much noise, especially in the early morning hours and in populated areas
• Take small steps, especially when there is a risk of destroying the vegetation, soil erosion or damaging roads or terraces
• Cattle gates are left behind as they are found: open or closed
• Refreshments should not leave the area provided for this purpose.
• The marking of the track is always performed with respect to the environment, and without damaging a natural ingredient.
• The markings will be removed carefully, as well as other items that are on the track.
• The volunteers will receive a specific training with respect to environmental protection and sustainability.
• Regulation: All the objects contained in his backpack must be marked with the runner´s race number. If the organizers find paper or other waste of a particular athlete, he may be disqualified.
• Other aspects have been considered in the refreshment areas:
- Here you will also find local and seasonal products (oranges from Sóller, almonds, water from the island, etc.). Its effect won´t be only a positive impact on the local economy but also on the presentation of culinary and cultural aspects of each region and each town of our island resort.
- We will avoid the use of plastic containers and instead use recycled or reusable packaging (to avoid the massive use of plastic cups, individual water bottles). The runners have to use their personal water bottles because we strive to minimize waste.
- We avoid high paper consumption by sending almost all the documents electronically.
- Although it often depends not only on the organizers, we will try to practice waste- separation for the waste generated on the track or as part of the services and the related activities.